Christy Wyskiel

❍ Field of current or former occupation: Academia
❍ Email: [email protected]

Question: What is your current occupation and where do you live? Please briefly describe your duties and responsibilities. How long have you been at this position?

Christy Wyskiel: I am senior advisor to the president of Johns Hopkins in Baltimore, MD. I run tech transfer and our innovation hub/entrepreneurship efforts. I have been at JHU for 2.5 years. Prior to that, I worked on Wall Street primarily as an institutional investor in the medical technology area.

Question: Did studying German language and culture at Williams College help you in your professional and personal development? If yes, then how were German Studies useful to you? What opportunities and challenges did the German major open up for you both specific to your current occupation and more generally?

Christy Wyskiel: Unfortunately I haven’t had the chance to use my German in my career.

Question: Please share your advice or recommendation about the German department at Williams to a prospective student who is considering taking courses or majoring in our program.

Christy Wyskiel: I always loved Prof. Helga Druxes who was very welcoming and often had students Majoring in German over to her house. It was one of the few communities there I really can remember was warm and helpful.